Here at BJ Bindery we offer various types of glue applications.
Mail Order Envelopes (M.O.E.): M.O.E.’s use remoist glue and permanent glue. We can apply perfs, glue, tape, and create multiple folds including bang tail M.O.E.’s.
Remoist Glue: Remoist glue is a hot melt glue. When dry it reacts to moisture. Remoist glue is most commonly used on envelopes.
Fugitive Glue: Fugitive glue is a removable glue that is used primarily for mailing purposes. This glue is used instead of close up tabs and can easily be rubbed off once the piece is opened. In some cases when the glue is being applied it may cause the piece to bow, since the glue is applied before the piece has gone through the rollers.
In-plate glue: In-plate glue is a permanent glue used instead of saddle stitching. This glue can only be applied to an 8 page right angle fold signature. The final signature is then trimmed to final size.
Tipping: Tipping is the process of gluing business cards or any other type of card to a mailer or other kinds of literature. We can glue from business card to the max of 5″ x 7″.
- We must have a sample & a rule out marked with guide & gripper.
- You must specify finished quantitiy desired. If you are short or over more than 10% you will be notified. Please print 2 to 10% overs for set up and spoilage, depending upon the dificulty and the quantity desired.
- For best results do not apply metallic inks or varnish the areas where you want the glue to adhere to. This will ensure that the glue activates and seals properly.
- Make sure to store the glued product in a dry cool place. If stored in an area that is exposed to extreme heat or moisture, it will cause the glue to react and adhere to itself. The material can be ruined.
- Please quality check the product at BJ Bindery. Since we cannot control the environment of where the product is to be stored, we will not be resposable once the product leaves our facility.